Dynamic Storage Systems
Dynamic Storage or (Live Storage) provides a number of options that can be added to the pallet racking that work with various products including boxes, containers and pallets as the most common types of systems have rollers or conveyers.
Examples of these include Push Back Pallet Racking, Pallet Live Racking and Cartoon Live Shelving. Each of these provide a number of advantages as they are typical implemented to dramatically improve warehouse productivity, from the picking times to the loading and unloading process, these systems are normally found in the food and drink industry because they operate on a First On, First Off (FIFO) principle meaning they are most efficient when stock is ordered or turn around in a short period of time.
Push Back Pallet Racking
Benefits to Dynamic Storage Systems
- Great for industries of perishable goods due to these systems using the First On, First Off (FIFO) principle.
- Maximizes space as the storage density of goods is high, less aisle space is required
- Dedicated lanes to replenish and pick stock allowing the management and efficiency of lab our to increase
- Roller tracks allow for greater efficiency on order times
- Order errors are minimized as the stock is presented to the picker/ operator
Pallet Live Racking
Pallet Live also known as Gravity Flow Racking is where pallets are loaded onto the slightly inclined side of the rack and comes down the lower side when room is available, stoppers are in the way to prevent the pallet rolling off and causing possible injury or damage of goods.Also the pallets move down at a controlled speed towards the declined end allowing the easiest picking process for the operator. This is most ideal to those who have a high turnover of products particularly those of perishable goods as Pallet Live Racking runs off the First on, First Off (FIFO) principle. One benefit to this is that the system maximizes the capacity of pallets as this is a high density storage system as the pallets are on a small slope it allows more pallets to be densely packed together on there dedicated lanes compared to those of Drive In Systems.
Nulla laoreet scelerisque tortor in fringilla sapien